
The first time I heard Pantera, I was at a Motley Crue show in Tokyo, Japan where I lived at the time. This riff came on over the PA system, slowly building up into something unlike anything I’d heard before and I will never forget the way it moved me. Fast, heavy, groovy, flawlessly executed with uncharted energy, a screaming singer and a ripping solo. Unfortunately I never knew who this band was until I heard Slash play the same song, Cowboys From Hell, on his radio station several weeks after. I find it interesting that my two biggest influences, Nikki Sixx and Slash, are entirely responsible for introducing me to my third biggest influence, Dimebag Darrell. With one of the most unique playing styles, riffs, and tone, nobody can compare. Forging a unique, individual style in every aspect the way he did is something I aspire to. Creating the soundtrack to countless train rides, walks across the Japanese naval base, a summer of five life changing albums on repeat, high school class presentations, some of my most emotionally dark moments as well as my biggest life triumphs, Pantera has had one of the most significant impacts on my musical development, as well as my personal life. Here is my tribute cover to what is in my mind, without question, the best metal guitar player to ever live. It would be a privilege to shake your hand and thank you for your impact on my life and playing. Rest In Peace Dime, truly the last Guitar God. I wear my razor blade necklace every day with pride.
I'm Broken Pantera Dimebag Tribute Cover - YouTube |
| 182 Likes | 182 Dislikes |
| 5,302 views views | 19,239 followers |
| People & Blogs I'm Broken Pantera | Upload TimePublished on 8 Dec 2014 |
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét